Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TNF alpha
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibody
See all TNF alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TNF alpha
The immunogen used to raise this antibody shares 78% homology with mouse and rat TNF alpha protein. Some customers have successfully used ab6761 with mouse and rat samples, however we do not batch test in these species and therefore we cannot guarantee this product will consistently work with mouse and rat. We would recommend ab205587 or ab1793 as an alternative product for use with these species.
The antibody does not recognize human TNF beta (lymphotoxin).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Pig, Monkey, Non human primates, Cynomolgus monkey
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human TNF alpha.
Database link: P01375
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant Human TNF alpha protein
- WB: Recombinant TNF-alpha protein.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6671 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
It is recommended to incubate the sample with the antibody for at least 4 hours before being tested. A control of simialrly diluted normal rabbit IgG is recommended.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 25.6 kDa.
Membrane Blocking is recommended with BSA not Milk for this product.
Suitable for use as a positive control for Western blot against recombinant TNFalpha produced in E.Coli.
FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- APC1 antibody
- APC1 protein antibody
- Cachectin antibody
Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab6671) at 1/1000 dilution + Recombinant TNF alpha protein
Goat Anti-Rabbit Dylight? 649 Conjugate at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 25.6 kDa
Additional bands at: 16 kDa (possible cleavage fragment)
Western Blot analysis, labeling TNF alpha with ab6671 at 1/1000. Blocking was with 1% BSA in TBS-T incubated for 30 minutes at room temperature. The cleavage fragment is related to the soluble isoform 77 - 223.
ab6671 has been referenced in 427 publications.
- Liao CR et al. Advanced oxidation protein products increase TNF-a and IL-1? expression in chondrocytes via NADPH oxidase 4 and accelerate cartilage degeneration in osteoarthritis progression. Redox Biol 28:101306 (2020). PubMed: 31539804
- Bloomer SA et al. Aging results in accumulation of M1 and M2 hepatic macrophages and a differential response to gadolinium chloride. Histochem Cell Biol 153:37-48 (2020). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 31691025
- Liu J et al. The inhibition of miR-101a-3p alleviates H/R injury in H9C2 cells by regulating the JAK2/STAT3 pathway. Mol Med Rep 21:89-96 (2020). PubMed: 31746349
- Duan X & Qin G Notch inhibitor mitigates renal ischemia-reperfusion injury in diabetic rats. Mol Med Rep 21:583-588 (2020). PubMed: 31974606
- Wang C et al. Lysyl oxidase suppresses the inflammatory response in anterior cruciate ligament fibroblasts and promotes tissue regeneration by targeting myotrophin via the nuclear factor-kappa B pathway. J Tissue Eng Regen Med N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32483895